Lord Puttnam is Digital Champion for Ireland
- David Puttnam was a participant in a BBC Radio 4 programme looking at how technology is transforming education
- Lord Puttnam in 'The Bussiness' on RTE
- Becky Milligan Interviews Lord Puttnam on The World at One
- The John Murray show with Miriam Interview Lord Puttnam
- Lord Puttnam interviewed by RTE's Paschal Sheehy
- Read Lord Puttnam's Interview with Today Online
- Lord Puttnam in Jeremy Vine’s Being Human
- RTÉ Radio 1's The Media Show Interview with Lord Puttnam
Lord Puttnam has an extremely wide range of interests ranging from film and the creative industries, to media regulation to education to climate change. The breadth of his interests is reflected throughout the speeches which he has given over the last two decades and which have covered all of these topics from a wide variety of angles.
He has especially focussed on the development and implementation of public policy around these issues and has looked at them from regional, national and international perspectives. The advent of digital technologies and their impact on the film, the creative industries and education has been a particular interest in recent years. The importance of the distinction between the citizen and the consumer in relation to the development of policy has also been a recurrent theme as has the crucial importance of stimulating political engagement, especially among the young.
In recent years, the theme of cross-media ownership and the regulation of the media more generally have been particularly prominent, a preoccupation that has become particularly timely in the wake of the Leveson Inquiry into the Culture, Practice and Ethics of the Press in the UK.
Challenges of the Future
The Future of Education
Lord Puttnam in Brussels
The Digital Hub
Lord Puttnam in Thailand
Lord Puttnam in Thailand p.2
The Future of Learning
Masterclass from Lord Puttnam
Lord Puttnam on Scriptwriters
Forever in Pursuit
Movies and Hollywood